Tuesday, April 2, 2013

¡Año nuevo!


It’s 2013!

… and I’m definitely a few months behind. Haha

Rodeo (February 2013)
1st off! Thanks to all my readers who have stuck with me despite my spotty blogging. Since my last post, I traveled home for Christmas and spring break, completed and started a semester, took a small vacation to visit my boyfriend (who graduated from Army basic! Yay!) and am on track to graduate with my master’s degree this May!! Woot woot!

Now, I know you’re most likely not coming to Me, Myself and Still’s Disease to hear entirely about my non-Still’s life! Well, you’re in luck.  Lots of changes for me health-wise and it’s time to tell you about them!

Since the last time I wrote I’ve been in and out of visiting with a couple different doctors before I finally was able to see Dr. H after her maternity leave. And although there have been minor changes here and there, this is the current plan of attack:





·     Once –weekly Humira 
Daily
·      3mg prednisone (Dr. H says indefinitely but I have other plans)
·      Calcium +vitamin D supplement (Since the pred is hard on my bones, plus can’t hurt to have some extra calcium and vitamin D!)
·      Zyrtec (pesky seasonal tree allergies)
·      Advair

Synergy 360!
I have been feeling extremely well as of late! As I always say, still’s is absolutely unpredictable. Granted I have always felt much better when I workout on a regular basis and this year, I’ve really made the lifestyle change. I try to eat mainly whole, unprocessed foods and workout 4-5 days a week with a variety of cardio exercise to include Zumba, running and a circuit training workout on a crazy looking piece of equipment! While I have not lost any weight, I have gained muscle and am more toned!

I have also successfully made it into the month of April with no flare!!  *knocks on wood* That’s not to say that I still don’t have days where a few of my fingers or my back or wrists or knees are a bit stiff. Generally though, I consider myself very lucky blessed that I haven’t had any major issues. After all, it was this time last year when all of the symptoms that I dealt with at the beginning of my diagnosis came rushing back.

Still, in the spirit of Easter (Come on yall, it was just a couple days ago! haha)I would like to say that I feel very blessed. I am grateful for the body that God gave me even when I know it’s not perfect. I am grateful for family and friends that support me when I don’t feel 100%. I am grateful that I have access to healthcare that enables me to live my life more comfortably. Finally, I am grateful that I, Lindsey Claire, have ultimate control over my thoughts and emotions, not my disease.

Cascarón fun for Easter!
… Now, back to studying for my comprehensive exam this Friday… Wish me luck!

P.S. Cascarónes are the best!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your exam! I am glad to see that you have been doing well!! :)

    ReplyDelete