Sunday, June 3, 2012

Humira

Well, after asking a million questions and really making sure that Enbrel shouldn’t be my first choice. My doctors and I have decided to start Humira.

Interesting information from the Dr.’s office:
  • ·      Both Humira and Enbrel are doing the same job, block TNF.
  • ·      Kineret on the other hand blocks interlukin-1
  • ·      Both TNF and interlukin-1 are related to inflammation


So my doctors say if Humira doesn’t work, then we’ll look at other options, possibly Enbrel.  I will let yall know how the first injection goes next week. (To be prepared, I’ve already watched a couple people’s youtube videos in which they give themselves the Humira injection… It’s crazy all the things you can find on the internet now!!!)

Looks like my left elbow isn’t getting any better and therefore, I will most likely be getting another steroid shot on Tuesday. I am nervous that I have to get another injection so soon. My doctors assure me though that we should be concerned only if I’m getting more than 4 shots in the same joint with in the year… I pray to God that doesn’t happen!

My new anthem that’s been keeping me going is the song Titanium feat. Sia by David Guetta. I play it while giving myself injections. Haha

Healthy Lifestyle Update: This week, I haven’t brought my A game. Now that I’m back to full-time work for the summer, I’ve been exhausted at night and haven’t been to the grocery store for healthy food… The fact that my birthday was this past Thursday also meant I strayed from a low-calorie meal plan!! Hahaha I was treated to a saweeet trip to The Melting Pot!! (First time, it was A-mazing) Anyways, now it’s time to get back to reality.

This is how I feel sleeping on my new pillows :D
Gym time has been little to none because of how tired and achy I’ve been. Unfortunately, I’ve had an occasional dull ache in my hips, which isn’t much incentive to work out. Also, I haven’t been sleeping very well. I wake up every morning with stiff and achy elbows and wrists and a side dose of neck pain. This may be due to the fact that I give my Kineret injections in the am meaning it’s worn off in the night and the neck pain hopefully will be alleviated by my newly purchased pillows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment