Monday, May 21, 2012

Week Numero Uno!


So this week, I’ve been trying to be much more attentive to my health. Not only because I should be but mainly because I want to keep up with this blog! Haha

This week I’ve been seriously considering what step to take next with my still’s disease. For the past five years I have been taking a medication called Kineret and it has worked wonderfully! As my doctors have continued to tell me, not everything is known about still’s disease and therefore some things can be experimented with. In the beginning, I gave myself the preloaded injection needles everyday (which, like many other people taking injections will tell you, is NO fun). While you first have to get over puncturing your own skin, you also have to get over the burning sensation that follows… there may or may not have been significant tears over the years. Back to the experimentation though, I eventually weaned myself down to one shot every three weeks! (Practically nothing)

I was living the life with relatively no problems with still’s/arthritis!! This was great for me at the time; a college student who got to study abroad, drink, on average, 4 times a month, exercise occasionally and eat whatever I wanted… Of course, I would definitely say this contributed to the overall weight gain of 20 pounds in college. BOO. My point is though that I wasn’t conscious about truly taking care of my body. I ignored my still’s because it didn’t present itself and I wanted to be normal.

I am “normal”. But what is normal for me is probably not normal for everyone! Now I’m back to one shot everyday (I’ll explain in the next blog post why!) and living my life as normally as possible!  I’m trying to live a healthy lifestyle with regular and considerable exercise and (as of Saturday) new Skinny Rules… I’m a big fan of the transformational show The Biggest Loser and one of the trainers, Bob Harper, wrote this book!



Skinny Rule 1: Drink a Large Glass of Water Before Every Meal – No Excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment